Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

     I have surprised myself because I dont usually this much in the first place so its been much. I feel that some weeks with all the extracirricular stuff and work that it can be much. i dont always have time to read during the week because I work every day. I pulled it off though and enjoyed it a little bit. My favorite read was "Deadline" because its so down to earth. It talks the talk of an actual high school student. It does use derrogatory language but it sets the tone and makes the book better. It puts you in the main characters shoes and allows you to follow him closely and how he feels and sees things in life. Another good book I was "Psych" because its a comical investigation and mystery. It places you in medias res of the story and makes you think. Shawn and Gus have a peculiar personality that strikes everyones attetion. They work hard but goof off just as much. They follow their own path and dont really listen to orders very well. But in the end the mystery is solved and the investigation is complete. Least favorite was the firm because Its too serious and I just lost interested. Im still reading it so i can say i finished it but its definitely not my favorite. One that stuck with me was "The Devils Arithmetic." It was a serious book and thats why it wasnt my favorite but its striked my attention due to its harshness and realness. The crude and extensive punishment the Jews went through really gets to you and makes you want to continue reading.
     And to finish this off i enjoy reading outside when its sunny out in the backyard on our outdoor sofas. I kill two birds with one stone. Lay out and tan while I read. I read at the lake a few times when we went up. Just sat on the boat and read. I cant read at night cause Im too tired to comprehend and focus on whats actually going on. So yeah thats about it. And a goal Im setting for myself is reading more Teen related books cause i like them and can understand what they are going through being that im a high school student.

No comments:

Post a Comment